Kraków Airport has 65 direct connections and almost 388 airports reachable with one transfer via FRA, MUC, WAW, TXL, VIE, FCO, etc. It also has a high-speed rail connection with Warsaw, the journey takes less than 3h and after modernization in 2019 it is expected to take less than 2h from Warsaw Airport to Krakow City Centre. Krakow also lies close to the A4 motorway, which conveniently connects Krakow with other cities in Germany, France, Belgium, etc.
Air travel to Krakow
Several airlines operate direct flights (some daily) from major European airports to John Paul II International Airport in Krakow.
Participants can also choose to fly to Warsaw Chopin Airport located 300km from Kraków and then take a train from Warsaw airport to Kraków (ca 2,5 hours journey starting from the Warsaw Zachodnia or Central station).
• Krakow airport http://www.krakowairport.pl/en/
(taxi transfer from the airport to most hotels is between 22 and 40 minutes)
• Katowice airport (110 km) https://www.katowice-airport.com/en/
(shuttle service to Krakow hotels available)
• Main Polish hub: Warsaw Chopin Airport (330 km)
Once you arrive at Krakow Airport, you can easily reach the city center:
• It takes approx 17 minutes to reach Kraków Main Train Station. Trains operate 7 days a week, every 25-40 minutes. The last train departures the airport at 0:20 on weekdays, Saturday and Sunday.
• Please check the current timetable here and find connection.
• The adult fare (‘normal’) is approx 9.00 zloty (approx 2.00 euro).
• Tickets can be purchased from ticket machines (passenger terminal, train station) or from a train conductor once aboard.
The biggest railway station in Kraków is the Main Train Station (Dworzec Główny). It is situated close to the Old Town. Kraków has direct railway connections with Poland’s largest cities as well as with Berlin, Budapest, Grodno, Lviv, Prague and Vienna.
There are fast train connections with Warsaw (the capital city) every 1 – 2 hours. The trains are modern, comfortable and the journey takes just over 2 hours.
The connections are operated by PKP Intercity (Poland’s largest rail operator). Tickets can be bought online. The prices from/to Warsaw vary from 60.00 to 150.00 zloty.
• Public buses stop near the passenger terminal.
• Bus line 208 connects the Airport with the city centre (it stops right next to the Main Train Station).
• Night bus line 902 operates between 11pm and 4am and it stops in the city centre next to the Main Train Station.
• Single adult ticket is approx 4.00 zloty (1.00 euro).
The biggest bus station is situated at Bosacka Street, next to the Main Train Station. Popular international connections to/from Kraków are: Berlin, Budapest, Prague, and Vienna.
Kraków Bus Station site: www.mda.malopolska.pl
The international bus connections search: international bus connections
The easiest way to reach Kraków by car is along the A4 motorway bypassing the city to the south.
The motorway toll rate varies depending on the size of the vehicle and the section of the route (car toll: around 10.00 – 20.00 PLN or 5.00 euro per toll/distance travelled).
Please bear in mind that there is limited public parking for cars in Krakow and there are parking meters in the central zone. It is likely to be hard to park the car once you get there. Typically hotels have their own parking facilities.